This week has been hard. These clips helped. That's it.
The top 10 is always excellent on SYTYCD, but when they bring in the All-Stars it goes to a whole new level. I liked EVERY SINGLE top 10 all-star paired dance, and the group number. I had a hard time picking my top 8 routines (they aren't ranked, just listed. I like them all!). But while they last at Hulu, here they are. I really recommend watching them...which is why I posted them on my blog for you.
(Also, Jonathan: you once told me that you wanted me to send you clips of the best dances since you don't regularly watch the show. This is for you especially!)
1) Jakob and Mackenzie in a Broadway routine by Spencer Liff. (I will forever maintain that Jakob or Ellenore should have won season 6. His feet and extensions are off. the. charts.)
2) Kathryn and Aaron in a Contemporary routine by Stacey Tookey. (Neither of these dancers are or were my favorites, but this goddamn song will never not do things to me.)
3) Top 10 Group Performance by Hip-Hop (!) choreographer Christopher Scott. Clearly the man has more than one genre in his wheelhouse. This routine left me breathless.
4) Tucker and Robert perform a contemporary routine choreographed by Travis Wall. (I'm so glad they're letting Travis do male-male contemporary routines on the show. This one was especially moving--their hug at the end! If you don't know Tucker's story, hear/watch it.)
5) Nico and Comfort perform a hip-hop routine by Nappy Tabs. (So fun.)
6) Haley and Twitch perform a hip-hop routine choreographed by Christopher Scott. (I also maintain that Twitch should have won season 4. He's irresistable.)
7) Fik-Shun and Melanie perform a jazz routine choreographed by Mandy Moore. (Sex-ay.)
8) Jasmine and Marko perform a jazz routine choreographed by Ray Leeper. (Every time I've heard this song I've not really been interested--until I watched this routine. So much MJ happening.)